Feeds RSS

Monday, February 22, 2010

Agave: Of Giant Nachos and Gay Zombies

 

Agave Mexican Cantina is this, Mexican (but of course!) restaurant located at Eastwood, Libis. I went there with Ian, Jeb, Gracie after Chris and Tin's going away party, which was already pretty late, around past midnight I guess. It was one of those random gimmick nights, when we have no idea what to do and I don't know why we didn't just head home and sleep. :) I'm not complaining though. I had a great time, trying out those nice-looking cocktails. Plus their waitresses have this pretty costumes. Too bad we weren't able to take a picture of them.:p


To be completely honest, I'm not a big fan of Mexican cuisine but we had a fairly decent meal. We didn't order a lot actually, but their Nachos Grande is really grand indeed! I enjoyed it a lot because aside from the generous serving, it had a heap of toppings like jalapenos, beef, cheese, guacamole, etc. Yum! I think for the price of a little over Php300, it was kind of worth it. I recommend you order it if you are not that hungry and you just want something to go with your cocktail drinks. One serving was enough for the four of us. Unfortunately, it made me crave for nachos a couple of days after. I miss Agave because of it!


 Now see Jeb from the picture on the left, with his very first Zombie. I think he was supposed to be showing his desperation here, because the drink didn't turn out looking as tough as it's name suggests. Lesson learned: Don't judge a drink by it's cover? err, name. If you'd ask me, he seemed happy with it actually. I don't know, it must be the umbrella :p

Oh, and they also have a live band at the place. Too bad they only has a few songs left when we arrived. Personally I love restaurants with live bands but it makes the place a little noisy which in turn, crosses Agave out of the our suitable "MacLaren's Bar" list. And so the pursuit continues.


0 ridicule(s):

Post a Comment